Thursday, May 18, 2006

Studying.

Well, blogfolks, there's a reason I've vanished for a while. Between working and studying for the August MCAT, I've been trapped.

The MCAT, you say? For those who may not know, it's the Medical College Admissions Test- the medical school GRE, basically. I took it in 2003 and pulled a very solid score, but I need to take it again.

Ouch. The Kaplan review book calls- 1066 pages of review of the material involved. :-o I'm on page 235, but there's only one problem. I've studied too much.

Last week, when I had my CD player going as background music, "Dust on the Bottle" came on. It has a rather pervasive background beat, just 1, 2..., 3. First thing I thought? That's an S3 heart sound!

I've studied too much. Maybe I should take a walk.

8 Comments:

Blogger Martie said...

By all means, don't over study. You'll be too exhausted to pass the test. Good luck on the testing...I have a stong gut feeling that you will do fine. :)

5/18/2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

The test is at the end of August, so I'm just hitting it early. Gives me time to review some things I haven't used for a few years. :-)

5/19/2006 12:38 AM  
Blogger Martie said...

Still, just study easy but steadily and I know you will do fine! ;)

5/21/2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

I offer you sanctuary any time you need a study break, my love.

5/22/2006 6:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You should make Bainwen help you. Give you positive reinforcement for every 100 pages you read. ;)

5/23/2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger clew said...

With backup of an oral exam, just to make sure you really did read 100 pages!

Stop it, I didn't mean that as bad as it sounds!

You get 'em, T. I know you'll rock the MCAT!

5/25/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

I slapped it around all right first crack -80th percentile- and would love to do a bit better this time. :-)

Page 359... Vapor Kinetics...

5/25/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

*falls on floor laughing*

Naughty Clew!

5/25/2006 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home