Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring, spring at last!

It's cold.

About 25 degrees outside, which coincidentally happens to be the MPH rating of the wind. Cold, windy, but I don't care.

Soon, the new buds will start poking their way out of the tree branches, and the grass will get that light, soft green of a new year. Soon, the holly bushes will pick up the soft new leaves that just whisper to be touched, the siren call of leaves that would draw blood for now soft and inviting.

It's nearing that time of year when all seems new and clean, when the sunrises are shot through with gold and salmon pink, when the skies are blue and the birds are fuzzy. Soon, the wild Studentus americanus will be able to shed its winter coat, growing a new, cooler summer one. The wind will grow warm and peaceful, and the rains soft and soothing.

It's that time of year. Spring, the Beltaine tides, the rebirth and reawakening of the world. It's a new beginning, and I love every minute.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

Spring is most definitely welcome! Even though winter wasn't really all that harsh this year, I'm ready to move on!

3/21/2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Martie said...

Yes! Even though the winter wasn't as bad as some in the past, it was still pretty darn cold and I am eagerly waiting for the warmer temperatures myself!

I love Spring!!

3/21/2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger clew said...

I KNOW! I'm so excited. I think that in many ways the "moments" before spring arrives are more torturous than knowing there are months to go. It's that "darkest before the dawn" thing!

3/23/2006 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home