Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A letter to myself, about a year ago...

Every so often, I like writing letters to myself, to me years ago. What that I know now would I like to have known back then?

Well...

Dear Me, circa New Year's 2005,

Casey, these next three months or so are going to be rough like you can scarcely imagine. Things are going to seem dark and cold, and you'll be close to throwing in the towel.

Don't.

One night, a light is going to start shining in your life. You'll find the love of your life in that darkness, and she will lead you to the light. The two of you will dance in the dark, and with a twirl, you will come to the light again.

Good luck, bud. Keep strong, and keep an eye open. She's out there, and you have met her already. :-)

Love,
Me

Now, gently shifting gears...

Dear Bainwen,

It's Valentine's Day. Now, here, I just thought I'd make it clear. I love you with all my heart and soul. Tomorrow, dinner's on the house. :-)

Love,
Me

8 Comments:

Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

And I love you, my beloved. :-)

2/14/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I got your comment, I would be interested in reading it.

2/14/2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Try The Consolation of Philosophy, Dave. I read the textbook edition, and it went for $12 at Barnes and Noble. :-)

2/15/2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger Martie said...

The love between the two of you gives me goosebumps....!

2/15/2006 2:33 AM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

Me too. :-)

2/15/2006 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww!

If only to have that kind of love for someone! How wonderful.

But then again, there's always FLOAM...

2/16/2006 12:36 AM  
Blogger clew said...

What a neat idea! I may add this practice to my personal journaling :)

And, re. Bainwen - like anyone had a doubt! ;) Tee hee. Would it be obnoxious to say I knew it was going to happen even before you guys said anything? ;D

2/20/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love this idea and I love this post. Didn't see it til now, but I'm glad I didn't miss it altogether.

You guys got a good thing goin'!

2/21/2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home