Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hurt, but hope.

Well, I heard back from OU yesterday.

Spent a long time talking to their dean of the medical school, and he said I was denied an interview, but not for anything that was my fault. The class was simply full when I applied.

But...

He also said that if I were to apply there early, say, this July, I'd be nearly guaranteed an interview, even without a new MCAT. I'd have to take the MCAT again, of course, but I could be in before end of this summer.

And, to fill my time for the year, I did a little searching.

MUO offers a Master of Science in Medical Science, which is exactly what I need. I exceed all of the requirements, and that class is still way below full. One year program, and I walk out with an MS and straight into medical school.

Failing that, there is option #2. Master of Public Health. 2 years, and I get an MPH that will easily get me into medical school.

Of course, Wright State could still call, making all of this moot.

It hurts, but I'm glad to at least have a plan.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

It's always better when there's a plan, my love.

*hugs*
*hugs*
*hugs*

4/19/2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger clew said...

:/ ...

Don't fret, friend. Things always work out the way they should.

4/19/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Martie said...

It's good to have other options....I wish you well and I'm pulling for you in your endeavors!

4/19/2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Though it's not always easy to see at first, things work out the way they're supposed to. For the best. I know you know this, I'm just saying.

4/24/2006 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home