Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ninjing...

Tonight, Bainwen and I decided to do a little woodland ninjing. Nothing unusual, just a wander through one of the wilder parks in town. Yet, this night was different.

Glorious weather, for starters. Warm, but slightly breezy. Aside from the mosquitoes, the weather was perfect. :-)

(Though I did discover something- apparently my ability to weather mosquito bites has boosted since my time in Scouts. What were welts the size of dimes three hours ago are now gone. Squee.)

We got a bit turned around. Red trail became the brown trail, became a deer track, became a squirrel trail, eventually vanishing into a knothole up a hawthorne tree. But, in our wandering, we found something special.

Deer. Five of them, walking as casually and calmly as I do in my own living room, looking upon us and deciding we were okay.

Hello, friends. The woodland ninjas are glad to see you. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Ninjas get mosquito bites?

5/10/2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger Martie said...

Walks with "Mother Nature" are wonderful, huh?

5/10/2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

For future reference, if you take Vitamin B, the mosquitos like you less. Ah, you probably already know that but any way I can help, I'm there.

Isn't there Vitamin B in beer? There you go.

5/10/2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

Oh, you forgot to tell the part where we were surrounded by Evil Industrial Ninjas who tried to kill us but we defeated them by crafting shuriken out of trilliums and mosquitoes.... Oh, wait. I made that part up.

I think these may be some sort of newfangled low-power mosquitoes. I don't have any welts today either!

5/10/2006 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home