Thursday, December 08, 2005

Here we go again...

This coming Saturday, the neo-Nazis will march again in Toledo, this time around downtown. I'm a fan of the First Amendment, but isn't the limitation on hate speech clear here?

Still, I can't help but shake my head. Last time around, the rioting was after the neo-Nazis left, not while they were here. Let me repeat that- the rioting was after they left. They were safely on a bus out of town while all that garbage was going on! This time, counter-demonstrations are planned, there will be marches in response, and in all likeliehood, the same rioting and crap will happen again.

I weep for the sanity of the world. They came spewing hate and vitriol last time about how people couldn't contain their violent and base nature, and they were proven right.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tirithien said...

Hallelujah. It's over, and Toledo's in one piece. No violence, no riots. :-)

Of course, I spent the time the neos marched watching "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe", so I'd say I had the better day.

12/11/2005 1:09 AM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

And a much better use of time, too. :-)

12/12/2005 7:09 AM  
Blogger clew said...

I sound like my mother when I say this but I seriously think the best way to protest something like that is to ignore them. Even bad press is good press because it's attention. But no attention? Well that's just a bummer for them!

You guys suck! I'm dying over here to see that but it wasn't in the cards this weekend. Was the movie good? I know it was! No, don't tell me!!!

12/12/2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

It was... fantastic. :-p You have to see it, you have no choice.

12/12/2005 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home