Thursday, November 24, 2005

So, what am I thankful for?

I've never been a fan of setting aside only one day to give thanks for a whole year, but, since that's the system we have, I did some thinking.

I'm thankful for the friends I've found, the ones that have helped me through some rough spots in my life.

I'm thankful for the votes of confidence people have given me, when I needed them most. Some people saw diamonds where I saw broken glass. A kind word of hope and encouragement was just what I needed to keep rolling.

I'm thankful for having a place like this to vent, and people who are willing to listen - and every so often, think I'm pretty good at this writing thing!

The things I am most thankful for, though? Those are the things that showed up when I needed them most.

When my grandfather was in the hospital, several days before he died, I saw the most perfect sunrise I have ever seen. Salmon shot through with gold, soft and warm. It was a message of hope- that no matter how bad things got, the sun would rise again.

Some months ago, when I was feeling down and pretty sad, my girlfriend surprised e with our first kiss. She didn't know at the time that wasn't just our first, it was my first. Such perfect and sweet love is something I will treasure until the day I die.

So what am I really thankful for? Love. Hope. Encouragement and friendly words. People who have become friends, and moments where the world stopped in sheer beauty.

Those are what I am thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

Neither of us really had the year we'd planned on having, did we? And yet even in chaos there is much for which to be thankful, my love. :-)

11/24/2005 2:12 PM  
Blogger Smerdyakov said...

You're welcome

11/29/2005 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home