Friday, October 14, 2005

Onward to victory...

Yeah, I know it's part of the Notre Dame fight song, but bear with me. :-D

I was driving home today, when my phone strikes up a chorus of the Nutcracker Suite. My phone is set up with a different ringer for every caller, and that's the "Caller Unknown" ring. I answer, and guess who it was?

Wright State University School of Medicine.

"Is this Casey Lastname?"
"Yes..."
"Hi, Casey. I'm John from Wright State School of Medicine, and I'd like to offer you an interview."
*mind reels*
"All right, when can you get me in? When do you have?" *talking excitedly and faster*
"I have October 26th, if that would work for you."
"I'll take it!"
"Great! We'll be sending a confirmation email out early next week."
"Excellent! Thank you!"
*usual pleasantries and disconnection*
*nearly runs off the road doing a happy dance*

YES!!! Finally! :-D

Got my suit, my properly subdued tie, a broad smile and a steady handshake. I'm good to go. My new life begins now. :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

Squeeeee!!!!!!!!

My kola, I am so proud of you and so glad for you that you would not even believe it. :-)

10/14/2005 3:32 PM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Finally. I'm so close, I can taste it. :-)

Squee!

10/14/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

*nearly falling off my chair doing a happy dance for you*

I'll be crossing my fingers on the 26th!

Ah, I might as well....Squeee!

10/15/2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Thanks. :-)

Squee!

10/16/2005 11:45 PM  
Blogger clew said...

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

You go boy!

SQUEE!

10/17/2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

about time, now you can support me and our chil'ren!

10/18/2005 9:46 PM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

*head spins wondering how Tirithien and Stephen could possibly have chil'ren* :-P

10/19/2005 7:11 AM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

*ponders if Stephen has finally gone insane*

10/20/2005 9:20 AM  
Blogger KneeDeep said...

Man, congrats on the interview, and for some reason, if the job is for you I know you will get it, I can just feel it. Stay in touch!
KD

10/20/2005 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home