Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Meeting a kolamama...

Bainwen put in her side as to what she thought, I figured I would do the same. :-)

I thought it went surprisingly well. Very comfortable, very easy, just two good folks talking that happen to have a dear friend in common. That's exactly how I hoped it would be, though I've seen different.

My father and his father-in-law have always gotten along all right, I guess, but there's never been any real level of comfort. Grandpa's a Catholic. Dad's a Methodist. Grandpa sold insurance. Dad worked construction. Dad's a divorcee, Grandpa was married for 54 years. They get along well enough, but these are two folks that simply would never meet in the real world, absent this connection.

Here, though, I can picture meeting the Kolamama easily enough. Message board, wandering through a park, something, but there is an ease there that is a very welcome thing.

I built the entree for dinner (Chicken and 40 Cloves), while Bainwen handled dessert and the salad course. We complement each other well, and the Kolamama in question even commented on how happy we made each other. :-)

So, I close with a quote from Casablanca. "This could be the start of a beautiful friendship." And yes, I do think it could be. :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger clew said...

"Kolamama" - tee hee -

Glad everything was nice and comfy. Appreciate that - I don't even feel comfortable with my own parents! :(

11/09/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

A Kolamama?

Silly kola. :-P

It really did go well. I was pleased.

Now we just have to introduce you to the rest of the family, and then the Ultimate Test: whether or not the family dogs like you! :-)

11/10/2005 12:35 PM  
Blogger Smerdyakov said...

So on a scale of 1-10, what would you rate her?

11/11/2005 8:41 AM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

My mama is out of your league, sorry. :-P

11/12/2005 5:02 PM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Folks, let's try again.

Case of mistaken identity, and to minimize any further embarrassment, I have deleted the posts referencing it.

11/14/2005 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home