Monday, August 22, 2005

Notes.

Today is the first day of Fall Semester. It'll be an easy one, three courses, tutoring, and an EKG Technician course on weekends. The tutoring pays nicely, and the EKG Tech course will look great for med school.

But, I was cleaning out my workspace, putting the binders and books in their places, when I started looking through them. My old notebooks and legal pads, with legion pages of lines about the Krebs cycle and C. elegans, thousands of lines on point masses and Western Blots, but what caught my eye are the drafts.

Half-finished philosophical debate, letters written to friends and enemies, but never sent. I know what I thought at 21 about gun control, how I told off Schwert my Sophomore year for being a crappy prof, and my flow of thought when faced with challenge.

Therein lies the rub. Look through old notebooks and files, and see what people will find out about you. You might be surprised. :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

If I look through old notebooks, I tend to find embarrassingly BAD stories no one will EVER be allowed to read. I keep them around to remind myself of how I've improved. :-)

8/22/2005 2:22 PM  
Blogger clew said...

(Pointing at Bainwen's comment) AGREED! I found my journal from the angst-filled age of 17 recently. I was getting on my own nerves flipping through that! LOL!

Interesting to see how far you've come, though. Hope you decided to keep them!

8/22/2005 2:59 PM  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

I am so broke that I was thinking about selling my journal on Ebay, one from 9th grade till 12th grade.

8/24/2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Now to start selling old lab reports on EBay... ;-)

8/24/2005 11:00 PM  
Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

I ought to buy an old journal from Stephen and an old lab report from Tirithien. Then after you are both famous, I can sell them on eBay for vast amounts of money. :-)

8/25/2005 9:01 AM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Heck, you can have one of mine for free... Xenopus, C. elegans, D. tigrina, take your pick. :-)

8/26/2005 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home