Sunday, July 30, 2006

Snopesters, and jam, and... and... God, I'm tired.

Yesterday was the second annual Midwest Snopester Meet, up at the Detroit Zoo. Great time, to say the least, and a chance to see a few people I have wanted to put faces to a screen name.

Admittedly, we looked a little odd...

1. Nametags. Nametags with screen names, not with real names. Lots easier to work with.
2. Constant searching for water misters, since it was 95.
3. Congregating in the Penguinarium, all 20 of us. Have to meet somewhere, right? :-)
4. Devastating the poor buffet at Mongolian BBQ. 20 hungry people who haven't eaten all day, at a buffet. Doom!

Most excellent way to spend the day. :-)

As a relaxation today, I pulled out the saucepan and made some jams. Strawberry, and a peach-blackberry. Yum. :-D

God, I'm tired. :-p

7 Comments:

Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

And oh, such jam. *drool*

7/30/2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger Martie said...

If you need my address to send some of that homemade jam to just let me know! LOL

7/31/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Hey, two more secondaries! Case Western and Ohio State. :-D

I just might send a jar sometime, Martie... ;-)

8/01/2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Martie said...

Two more.....decisions, decisions!! Congrats and good luck!! Let me know when you need my address!

8/01/2006 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(waves) Hi, it's me from snopes. I've only been to Detroit once, and never left the airport. The Quiznos there is very good, though. It sounds like you had a great time!

8/10/2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger Lizzy Leigh said...

But at least we had fun, right?!

8/14/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Hell yeah! :-D

8/14/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home